Wednesday, March 21

Ahh the wonderful world of cell phones.

It's true, most people now a days can't be spotted in public without their cell phone somewhere on their person. These great tiny devices allow for us, at the push of a single button, to send information and communication to people all over the world via text, image, or sound. As with every piece of technology, there are bound to be glitches or just people misusing it. You have to love the 3 am phone calls from the number you've never heard of, or even better, rare, but better, the text messages from people you've never heard off mistaking your number for a friend of their's. Here's a conversation I took part in today. Complete with mispellsing.

#- Dont send me thosee cheese snakcs anyuore, they're groooss. They give me bad gas.

(I receive this message and ponder for a moment. Normally I would just delete it or send a message back saying wrong number, but I decided to reply otherwise.)

Me- I'm sorry, I thought you really liked them, I didn't realize you were just trying to be nice.
#- Itsokay. You dont haev too get me anything. PS whats with the pickle?

(For those of you who've been so lucky as to get a text from me, I sign my name as 'The Pickle' by default.)

Me- ...?
#- Wait waht the FUCK!! WHO ARE YOU!! Fuck fuck fyck fyck fuck!
#- This convistaion nevar happnd.


I laughed and then proceeded with the rest of my day.
~Until Then

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I actually did that the other day. I didn't have Erik's cell number in my phone yet, and I tried to text him from memory.

Me: Hey, can you record Lost for me?
Wrong Number: Um, who are you?
Me: Is this Erik?
Wrong Number: ...No?
Me: Oh. Sorry. Bye.

Less amusing than yours, to be sure. But. No, it's just not as funny. There is no but.