Friday, March 14

Four Organs In Each Jar!

So it's officially Spring Break. I'm looking forward to this one. I've taken off work and have no commitments what so ever that I oppose to as of right now. I'm going to enjoy this spring break and catch up on some very late APC homework. The play is halfway through, and for some reason, I just don't feel as connected to this one. It might have something to do with not getting an actual part, but I know that because of that I get to spend more time on tech where my time can be better spent. That set is going to be sweet, and I can't wait till those mornings where I have to be there at 8am on Saturday and get covered in paint and saw dust. It's so much fun.
I see that Jordan and Thomas are posting a lot about the mime show. It's coming up so fast that I don't really want to deal with it at some points. It's funny, every show when the mimes and the techies dress up, there are so many people that ask me if I'm a mime. It's usually the same people every show, and I gently remind them that I am a techie. I know that there are some days that the mimes want to absolutley kill us, and we become so bitchy because we don't have the cooperation we need from them. But when it comes down to it, we both rely on each other. This is my 6th and last mime show, and I've come to realize that that is the best family I've ever been in. Sure I don't go to the Sunday night meetings, or I don't have the ties that our stage manager has with the mimes, but I still feel apart of it all. Is that so wrong? I spend 2 weeks twice a year with these people, and work my ass off for them. I love it. The biggest gift that you guys have ever given me was not only my job, but last fall show when you actually waited for the people in the booth to make it onto the stage. That was a great feeling for actually getting recognition for doing stuff behind the scenes even if it didn't flow as well as we all hoped. Well that's my bit for the mime show. 7:30 March 27. Valley. Be there, or I will have my pet porcupine rape you in the face.

~Until Then

No comments: