Sunday, March 23

Unmotivated

So it comes down to the final quarter I will ever spend in high school. I've now become completely unmotivated to do any of my homework that is passed due. For instance, I've got 2 assignments in APC averaged out both are worth 65 points, but yet I do not do them, even though Hardin has given me more than a reasonable extension on one (try well over a month now with spring break done) and the other 2 weeks. I've calculated my grades out and I will get a D for the semester if I don't do them. But even that still can't bring me to do them. Fuck it. My grades are (not counting Gym) 5 A's and a D for the quarter if things carry out correctly, and last semester I was 5 A's and a B. Not bad for a senior, granted I am taking nothing but Art and Writing classes, but none the less. The only thing that is possibly motivating me is the fact that this is a college credit class, but if I pull a B or C off next quarter than I'll be set with 24 credits that are all A's one B and one C. That will still give me a GPA for Iowa of 3.63. Not bad.
Spring Break is a wonderful thing and a terrible thing as a senior. It's nice to relax, sleep in, and catch up with friends, but it's a week where your brain doesn't have to function. My brain doesn't like to function on things that it doesn't have to. So this last quarter I think that I'm going to be diagnosed with a full blown case of Senioritis. Great, just what I need. We're 63 days away from Commencement (that's with weekends) and 42 school days left. That's not a lot of time when you think about it. I only have to bull shit stuff for 210 more hours of my education. I think I can do that. Man, I'm motivated to write this, but I still won't do my APC homework.
~Until Then

No comments: