Tuesday, August 5

Consolation Prize

So most of you are settling down with a brand new (probably a Macbook/pro) laptop as well all get ready to head off on our college adventure. Well sadly, I am not in that boat due to mother nature's wrath on my mother's business. But, I did receive a consolation prize. My mother felt sorry that I couldn't get my laptop, so she got me a smart pen. And my ipod touch will soon be in hand. It's really neat. The pen (using special inexpensive notebooks), takes over 72 pictures per second and records the audio that is spoken at the time the notes are taken. I can jump anywhere in my notes by tapping them, and the pen will go to the audio recording that matched the notes. Then I can upload them to my computer, and put them on the website. Or I can post the notes to facebook, or even e-mail the audio file to friends. Here is a sample that I tried out while my mother was performing surgery (you won't be able to hear the audio, but you can see my actual handwritten notes). That's my geek post! Yay! And everything was only about $200.

~Until Then

1 comment:

Thomas Matysik said...

Neat! I saw a video review of this a month or so ago and I was floored. Let me know what you think of it a couple months from now when you've really got the chance to play around with it.