Tuesday, August 19

The Count Down is Over.

I've not been able to sleep all night and I've got a 2.5 hour drive ahead of me. There are no more days on my college count down board. I leave in an hour.

My dad came home this weekend. Strangely, it feels like he's been home all summer in a way. I know that sounds awful. He's flying back to Georgia today. He or I won't be home for 2 months. We've started shutting down the house, because no one (including my obese cat) will be occupying it. It's a little weird and heart tugging at the same time.

I didn't really have any heart felt goodbyes to friends at the end of this summer, maybe because I did all that in March and May. Good luck to all of you who are going away this fall.

I spent yesterday with Nick. We didn't do anything fancy or go out to eat. We played 3 games of Parcheesi, went bowling, and drove the entire length of Ashworth. Waste of gas, yea, but worth it. We got some Chinese food and just sorta laid there. We didn't talk about the what if's and the down the road's, we just talked about nothing really. It's going to be hard for me to be away from him, and I don't know what other variables will be thrown into the relationship equation. I don't want to think about those. Two and a half years, and now I'm leaving.

My family and I haven't done anything really special. My dad doesn't want me to leave. He looked really depressed this morning. My mom and I just were still my mom and I, hanging out and talking. My sister and I are still picking at each other. I hope one day we will grow close.

I just now tried to type things to the main readers of this blog that I want to say, but I can't form the words correctly on the page. Maybe things are just best unsaid. Good luck to all, follow your passions they become your dream. Follow your dreams, they become your actions. Don't forget what we as a group stand for and what we've accomplished in the short years we've been together. As my friends, I've come to depend on you and you've helped when I've needed or asked for it. I hope in ways, I've done the same. All of us are creative in the same ways, and then ways that are unique to our persona. You've been the foundation for my life and the things that I do to enhance it. Keep in touch.

I've got butterflies in my stomach. I've been excited all summer, but now that I'm actually leaving, I feel nervous and uncertain. My car is packed with all my boxes and junk. It's weird to see my life for the next 9 months boxed up in the jeep. Can I do this? Maybe the butterflies are actually hunger. Nope, they're butterflies.

~Until Then

2 comments:

Thomas Matysik said...

Stomach butterflies? Om nom nom nom.

On a more serious note: at some point I tried to write a nice big "goodbye" post but it ended up going a lot like you described yours - the words just wouldn't come together.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I don't leave for a while, so chances are I'll be stopping by Iowa City sometime in the next few weeks.

Thane said...

Agreed. I don't think I'd be able to pull off a post like that.