Wednesday, August 20

Life as a college student day 1

Got to Iowa City around 9 or so. I managed to lead the way into the campus by car and actually didn't get lost. We unloaded my stuff into my room. It was such a mess. Then we dropped off my car at the storage lot. It looked so lonely just sitting there as we drove off. It feel weird to be staying here as a student now. Normally I would just leave at the end of the day to go back to WDM, but as my mom, sister and Nick drove away, it brought me to tears. Walked around Iowa City for a bit with the family then after they left I went to go unpack my things. Wow, that took forever. I don't think I brought too much stuff, but it'll be a challenge to keep things organized for a while. My desktop in jammed full with my computer and printer, and all the other crap that I need. On thing I've noticed about dorms, is they don't put outlets where there need to be some. They put the tv cable outlet 10 feet away from any power outlet. I also keep hitting my head on the bunk bed when I stand up from my desk.

College life. It's great. There are people everywhere, and there will be even more people this weekend. I went out to dinner 3 times last night with different people and groups. I like the people I live with on my floor. They rock. By keeping my door open, I met about 8 or so new people. One of the groups I went out to eat with was a group of girls getting ready for rush. It was akward being the only girl not doing it, but they were a pleast bucnh of people to sit with. As I was walking last night, I felt strange. I was here as a student. I was going back to my dorm. I'm competely on my own now. I can do whatever I want, and the closest family member is 2 hours away. Woke up a bit disoriented today, wasn't sure where I was. My alarm went off at 12:01 am, and it took me a few minutes to realize what had happened. Oh, and on a girly note. I think I'd be great at yoga if I can shave my legs in the dorm showers.

~Until Then

4 comments:

Thomas Matysik said...

It's very good to know you're enjoying Iowa City.

On a semi-related note: Brit and I stopped by Ames yesterday and it seemed everyone there was settling in quite nicely as well. I'm really looking forward to stopping by Hawkeyeland as well.

Pichler said...

Sweet yea, just give me a call. It's pretty much way better than ISU.

Yes said...

Like fuck it is.

Pichler said...

Nope, I'm pretty sure it is Jordan.