Saturday, August 12

Complicated Days

On Wednesday I worked at my church's state fair stand for about 10 hours with Nick for volunteer hours. It was so much fun! Talking to all the people that travel from state to state showing their prized bulls and horses. It really shows a bit of a life that few of us here have ever experienced. But one guy in particular really took interest in talking to me. I decided to dye my hair an insane red once again cause I was getting very sick of the blondeish color, well I forgot that my church makes us wear a visor/cap that is about 1 shade away from my hair color. I got a lot of comments on how I dyed my hair to match the state fair cap. Ugh. Not my intention. Oh well. But this guy found it so cool that he deicided to give me the nickname of Big Red. Yes like the gum. But the gum didn't have red hair shooting from the top now did it? Oh well but he was so funny about. He went on that I should make my own crayon color and other random crap. He just really made my long humid day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well the day after the state fair, Nick took me with his parents to go look for a car for him. He ended up getting a 1994 red corsica. I don't like much except for the fact that the car is inside and out some shade of red. Yay!! But if it just gets him around this year, and to school, well then it's a car. He'll get a new one before he goes to college. So he suppost to pick it up sometime today. Well later that night we decided to go make s'mores at Gray's Lake in Des Moines. It's our favorite spot at night. If you ever been down there past sunset, do you know the lights on the bridge? Their different colors and it's just entrancing to look at them as the reflect off the water. Well we brought out bag of coals, s'more sticks, marshmellows, chocolate, grahms, and a lighter. After messing with the grill to get it open we put a hand full of coals in it and try to light it. But the damn lighter took 4 min. just to get a spark out of it. Then the coals woudln't light, so we tryed lighting the bag on fire. Obviously a bag of coals comes in a fire resistant bag. Duh! We then tried to light the coals in the bag see if they would catch. Apparently quick starting coals have an experation date. Who'd a thunk it?? So we decided to eat the smores cold. And of course the humid evening air had practically melted our chocolate. And of course to make matters worse, we chose the one night that an extremly obnoxious guy with an air horn decided to show up drunk with his buddies and he blew the damn thing every 5 minutes. Then surprise surprise, I got sick. What a wonderful day.
~Until Then

No comments: