Thursday, August 3

Well the time has come where all of you are squeezing in your last few hours of enjoyed sleep, hanging with friends until the wee hours of the morning, blasting up the music while your parents aren't home, taking the car without permission to pick up a friend so you can do something illegal again, (I mean come on, who doesn't do something illegal during the summer?), soaking up the last bit of the (unbearable) warmth of the sun. Soon it's back to waking up to the annoying blaring beep of our alarms and groggily walking down to the bathroom so that we can get ready for the day. Grabbing our 20 ton back packs and a quick bite to eat or for some of us a tall express or latte from Starbucks. We'll soon walk back down the halls of the school which we've all come to know and love hate. Sitting through pointless classes so that we can attempt to raise our GPA and get into the college of our choice as we doodle random shit on the sides of our notes and tests trying to pass time. Then going home only to do it all over again for the next 9 months. Prepare for the hardest year of our high school lives. (Okay here's the part where you can throw what ever you're munching on at your computer screens in an attempt to hit me for being insane and posting what no one wants to hear)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, for those of you who ever knew my dad's girl friend Dr. Haver, or more commonly known as Meat Loaf Lady, on account of she smells like overly-ripe meat loaf, well they are no longer together as a couple. Strange isn't it? My dad was with her for almost 6+ years. Since my parents have been divorced, I've just had to accept her as a part of my life. Granted yes I didn't like much and would voice my opinion often, I dealt with her and just stayed out of the way as much as possible when we were around each other. My dad knew I didn't like her, but that didn't stop him from dating her, although it did hinder what we did with her. So some of you might be thinking, "Shouldn't you be happy that they broke up? I mean you hated her!" Point taken, I'm am happyish that she's no longer around, but I'm also a bit sadish. "What? You're weird." She made my dad happy, so he was a lot less stressed when it came to work and teaching. He was happy. So it made me happy. And now that my dad isn't the person he used to be, it's a bit on the depressing side. His work is starting to pile up on him so he calls on me to do some of his paper work to lighten the load. So when he's stressed, I'm stressed. Are you starting to see a pattern? Love is a powerful thing.
I recently went to my older sister's wedding. (Yes I have older siblings from my dad's 1st marriage). My sister was married before to a jerk who treated her like crap and was just a miserable person to be around. I hated him when I stayed with my sister for a few days a couple of summers ago. I'd avoid him as long as possible. But she did have two wonderful kids which I love to death. So not even a year after she was divorced, she met Dave. I don't know much about him, except that he does something with computers. But my dad really likes him and obviously so does my sister. Well the wedding was held upstairs in an old Irish bar, but it was really nice and had that old fashion charm. It was a small wedding with just family and really close friends. Courtney and my new niece Monica were the flower girls and hunter was the ring bearer (sp?). My sister looked absolutely radiant! Her dress was very flattering and she looked happy. I've never seen my sister happy. I didn't recognize her when I ran into her at the hotel earlier. I was so happy for her! Just seeing the two of them together made my day. She was crying a little bit when Dave was saying his vows. I wish them the best of life and hope that each day is better than the last. They deserve each other. Love is a powerful thing.
Now as most of you know by now, I have my own significant other. His name is Nick and I met him at drivers ed last summer. We dated for a little bit in the beginning of last year, but then things went a little bit hay-wire on both our parts so we split and didn't talk for 6 months. Those 6 months damn neared killed me. But then in March we spoke again and started dating. And now I wouldn't go back for anything. We've been through so much together, the good and the bad. I've discovered new things about him and me. Just thinking about him makes me feel better. He's the sweetest guy and would do anything for me, and vice versa. And despite what other say, I love him. I truly, deeply, madly, passionately, and honestly love him. He's the single most amazing and wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. We've been dating for almost 5 months. They've been the most amazing 5 months of my life. Nick brings something out in me, something I can't write in words, something that no one that I've ever known or been with has ever brought out in me. It's the most beautiful thing on Earth. A few times with past boyfriends, I've swapped the ever lasting " I love you." I thought I loved them at that time. But it wasn't real now that I look back at it. I didn't know what love was until a few months ago in May. I was suddenly starting to realize how much I did love Nick. And now I do know what love truly is, but I can't explain it. No one can explain what love is to another person, they have to discover it for themselves. Love is a powerful thing.
~Until Then

No comments: