Sunday, October 31

As I sit here quietly chatting, I hear a noise that sounds like tapping. A tapping at my chamber door, I say it's an evning guest and never more. Only this and nothing more. The tapping it grows louder untill I can't ignore, for it be the swords of the crew and my beloved Lenore. Thus I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing...all around me is compressing. Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning, Soon again I heard a tapping, something louder than before, This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word,"Lenore!" Merely this, and nothing more. I wonder and ponder for all is lost, And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floorShall be lifted---nevermore!
~With Credit From Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" and my own addings.

No comments: